Friday, August 22, 2008

Really late to this damn party.

People have many times told me last.fm was cool but I never even checked it out. STUPID ME. Pretty cool. I am spending today reliving the 90s in LA and SF. Little bit of Ed Hall, some Cows, johnboy, Boss Hog, Drive Like Jehu, Pain Teens, TFUL282, Girls vs. Boys, Melt-Banana and lots more.

I saw some great fucking shows the first half of that decade.

Anyone use last.fm? Got suggestions of others like that? My eyes are open to the coolness now.

Anyone know what's in it for them? It's not hugely ad filled.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am addicted to Pandora Radio, I have found more new bands through it. Unfortunately its days are numbered thanks to the riaa, fuckers. Lastfm is sure to follow.

betsy said...

Pandora was the other one suggested to me but with a warning that it was in the jaws of the RIAA. According to my co-workers, lastfm was bought by CBS and is, for now, safe. How long remains to be seen I suppose.

My favorite mail order music website is now defunct due to my being just about their only customer, so I look forward to finding new music this way.

I'll check out Pandora too before it's a ghost.

Thanks!!

Ashley said...

oh that is excellent to know! I find it doesn't mix the music as nicely though....I would pay for Pandora should it come to that.